Tafer Member Advisory Committee (Tafer MAC)
Do you want to become more involved with your Club? The role of the Tafer Member Advisory Committee (MAC) is to serve in an advisory capacity to the Tafer Resorts Group, Tafer resort management, UVCI (the Club’s management company), and ResortCom (the Cub’s servicing company). The MAC provides ideas and recommendations for programs, services and amenities, resort enhancement, and member services, both offsite and on property. Over the years many MAC suggestions have been implemented for the benefit of members and guests visiting Tafer resorts.
Tafer MAC members are volunteers, and there is no reimbursement or compensation for travel costs, rooms, or other expenses. However, The Club recognizes their contributions with special VIP appreciation events during the annual Meeting of Members. Furter, MAC members find that participation on the committee is very rewarding as it allows them to connect to others with similar interests, strengthen the membership community, and develop relationships with each other and resort and Club management.
Here is some general information about the process, and the Committee:
- Tafer MAC members include Club Caribe, Garza Blanca Residence Club or Tafer Residence Club members. You must be in good standing and current on maintenance fee and/or loan payments.
- Terms – Committee terms are three years, and four members are rolled off each year as four new members join the committee.
- Applications – Applications are via an on-line questionnaire for which a link is emailed to the primary email account for all Tafer vacation club members on an annual basis, usually in mid-January (subject to change.) UVCI generally receives up to 40 applications each year and is charged with the difficult task of narrowing down that list to 4 positions. Decisions are based on an unbiased and impartial scoring system that weights various factors such as frequency of visits, multiple destinations visited, and depth of questionnaire responses. Names are hidden and a strict numbering system is used to select the top scores, thereby removing any bias.
- Meeting – There is one in-person meeting per year which is held in conjunction with the Annual Member Meeting at one of the Tafer Resort properties, and alternates location each year. The meeting dates may vary. MAC members take the opportunity to use their regular time/points and book a vacation at that time in order to participate in the face-to-face MAC meeting and other social events. Rooms and airfare are not provided. Attendance at the in-person MAC meeting is not required; however, most MAC members do attend. They have made it a tradition to time their vacation to coincide with the Member Social Meeting each October to take advantage of the special events taking place.
- Conference Calls – There are two conference calls during the year, one in the spring and the other in the summer. *Dates are subject to change. MAC members must attend two of the three total meetings either in person or via teleconference.
- Transportation – MAC members attending the Annual Meeting are provided one-way complimentary shuttle transportation to the resort for two people.
- VIP Events -As a “Thank you” to the participants of the MAC, during the Member Meeting events week, UVCI provides refreshments during the MAC meeting, and hosts a special VIP lunch as well as a VIP dinner (held with the hotel executives, Club staff and Tafer Board members.) The remainder of the events (breakfast, luncheon, Membership 101 meeting, presentation, dinner party – details subject to change) are sponsored by the Club as part of the Member Meeting. These are complimentary to two people for your membership account; however you must be registered in advance for the meeting as we sell out each year. Registration for the Member Meeting is posted online and sent via email on or about January or February each year (subject to change.)
If you feel that your background, interest and enthusiasm is well suited for the (MAC), and you meet the requirements for participation, we welcome you to submit an application. Requirements:
UVCI would like to assure each member that your feedback is no less valuable on or off the MAC. Although the MAC merely provides a method to garner suggestions, we welcome ideas from all members whenever you visit one of the resorts.
We very much appreciate your interest and dedication to the improvement of your Club.